Tuesday, June 17, 2008

fly little girl, fly.

i still haven't wrapped my mind around not having the professor i wanted, or my back up next semester. it saddens me, but at the same time, these ill turns of fate always come with something surprising.

so i'm looking forward to the surprises. to whom i'll meet this next and final semester, and i will just continue to trust that it will be what it needs to be.

it's cooled off significantly here, and i'm glad. the heat was oppressive. and i don't do well sealed in. having windows open (even if it's warm) is better for me, than being shut in and air conditioned.

headache this morning, and i'm trying to remember how to just go with my day, to see what happens. for so long it's been about forcing my body into some sort of action. and now, i have a moment to rest. i need to do that. though i admit, i feel lazy, and being one who does not need to be forced to nap, it's hard to justify wanting to rest a bit.

i hope the nice weather holds out for the beach tomorrow. though i would probably go sit there in cloudy skies and be just as happy. it's more about the adventure, taking the day to lay on the beach, than the weather necessarily. just getting out of the routine and relaxing.

lying on the beach in my turquoise two piece, soaking up the rays. i look forward to it. perhaps i'll even manage a nice long walk alone down the shore to the boardwalk which juts out to the water. i didn't walk that far last time. but this time, it would be a nice adventure.

we're off to the farm soon. breakfasting at the little cafe. it's nice to have a routine with my girl, for she too needs love and attention, and my scattered attempts are hopefully sufficient. enough. that's all i've ever wanted to be for her, just enough.

peace.

No comments: