Monday, June 23, 2008

humility first

that i know the schedule of my boss coming up, is merely an aside. i went and applied for the new job when i got sent home (hear me rationalizing leaving), and i can't be expected to stay when the place is run like that.

i told them flat out,
i've given you the best i've got. it's not good enough.
end of story. elsewhere i go. i don't continue to give and give until i drop, there is not enough martyr in me to go down for this company, or any other.

we have a staff meeting today, midday, ruining my plans, nearly. grrr. but i'll try not to swagger when i turn in my resignation. i'll try to be humble and modest and brief.

the letter is simple and to the point. there is no negotiating with me, no sum of money could get me to stay. i'm movin' on.

perhaps they'll be glad to see me go. who knows.

i just know it will be nice to see how things are supposed to be run by a manager who knows how to do her job.

i'm looking forward to it. but first, to resign, then the gym, then we're going swimming. (if the rain lets up)

then to the meeting, where i will make it officially official to everyone.

edited 160 pages all told last night, until i couldn't see straight.

finished up my personal project this am. now have one i forgot about left. that's it. then i'm done.

i could use a rest.

peace. out.

No comments: