Wednesday, June 11, 2008

yoga

my belly dance instructor is also a pilates and yoga instructor. so i'm taking her summer yoga class. and since i didn't connect with her last semester, it's been over six months since i've seen her. i've missed her, and she was glad to see me too, which is nice.

i handed her my poetry book and she was grateful because her poem is in it. she flipped to it and read it, saying,
i love that poem.


i didn't eat before the class, i hadn't eaten since early this morning so there was no problem with all that bending and such.

i think i stretched things tonight that have never been stretched. and it's nice to see her in another capacity.

when you fall out of a pose, that is your greatest teacher.


remarkably, i only fell out of one pose. though i know i have a long way to go. she didn't weird me out, and that's a plus.

(i did also see my tai chi instructor, and promised to try to get back to it. it's been a long semester off, and now summer off. so i'll have to try for a fall tai chi class. we'll see if i can get the days. i did find out the schedule for fall in conversation with an administrator who was there. good news, the days i need to take are tues, weds. my all ready established days off).

my belly dance instructor is trying to talk me into taking an african dance class in the city, with her. but i'm not going for it. i think if i did it would be once and just to spend the day with her. i really adore her.

but no one needs to see my hiney jiggling around like that (with belly dance it's different), i don't know how, it just is. but if she invites, i may say yes, just to try it. i don't know. it might be too weird for me.

i told her about the songs i'm considering and she knew them all, i hope she will help me with it next semester, because i really need more than what i've got now to feel confident enough to dance for strangers.

my instructor is all about empowering women, so i think this may be the time for me to reclaim the dance as my own.

how i want to study flamenco. i cannot tell you. but first let me focus on this and then, that. that will come in time.

now, to spend time with my daughter.

peace. out. (that we spend all our time together escapes her, and she requires "time" when i'm not passed out or busy with school. sheesh!)

No comments: